Redhall Masonic Lodge
Nigel Degnan is the community representative from the Redhall Masonic Lodge. Freemasonry was introduced to Ballycarry in the early 1800s, among the founder members of the Craft being James Orr, the village bard. The Masonic Lodge used to meet in a house on Hillhead Road before building a hall on Island Road in 1916. Many of the well-known figures in the community in past times have been members of the Redhall Lodge. The Lodge was a partner with the Community Association in the restoration project for the Orr Monument, which finally completed in 2014 after years of hard work and lobbying.