Ballycarry Presbyterian Church

Ballycarry Presbyterian Church is currently represented by Mrs. Janice Bisp. The church dates its origins to 1613 and the arrival of the first Presbyterian Minister in Ireland, Rev. Edward Brice, to Ballycarry. The Presbyterian congregation in Ballycarrry saw a split in 1829 over the issue of the Westminster Confession of Faith, and the majority of church elders left the church on Main Street while the majority of the congregation remained there as Non-Subscribing Presbyterians. The Ballycarry Presbyterian Church was erected in 1830 at Hillhead.

The church is very active and recently added an extension to its halls. In October 2014 the congregation marked the 20th anniversary of Rev. Gabrielle Farquhar being installed.

The churches in the village all co-operate together over community events including an annual Festival of Remembrance and the outdoor nativity each December.

Powered by CouchCMS